Add olive oil and pan-fry Omnipork Luncheon for 2 minutes on each side. Dice into small cubes.
In another pan, add olive oil and pan-fry mushroom until brown, season with salt and pepper.
Add onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until translucent. Then add garlic and sauté for another minute until fragrant.
Add the rice and toast for 1-2 minutes. Pour in half cup of vegetable broth and cook on low heat until the broth is almost absorbed, stirring often. Add remaining broth and asparagus as it thickens, and cook until the risotto is al dente, for about 15 minutes.
Stir in almond milk and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add ⅔ of the luncheon meat and mushroom. Ready to serve!
1. Do not thaw Omnipork Luncheon meat. Pan-fry both side for 2-3 minutes until brown.
2. Do not rinse the rice as this removes the starch, and hence the creamy texture.
3. Simmer the rice on low heat. This gives the rice time to absorb the liquid completely.
4. Stir often to help releasing the starch from the rice, resulting a much creamy risotto.
5. Do not overcook, try your best to make it al denete - soft and tender but still have a little bite.
6. You can use Carnaroli rice if you cannot buy Aborio rice.